Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Where Did The Time Go?


Time flies when you're having fun - so the saying goes - which means I must have been having lots of fun the last few weeks because I've just realized it is well over a month since I last put up a new post. 

Where did the time go? Mostly on finishing the last few chapters of my latest novel which is tentatively titled Motive for Revenge and is a sequel to Ulterior Motives. 

For some reason when I start a new book the writing process fits easily with the other demands of life, but there always comes a point about two-thirds in when the characters and plot just seem to take over and everything but the bare essentials of life fall by the wayside. It's a strange but wonderful feeling which always leaves me a little disorientated when I do finally finish, as if I've returned home after a long absence.

I like to put the first draft aside for a while before beginning to edit and it is then that reality kicks in and I notice all the things I've managed to avoid while in my other world: the layers of dust, the almost empty pantry, and the neglected social media sites. It's probably just as well that this 'out of reality' experience does only happen towards the end of a book, as I'm not sure I could sustain it for the full length!

So, hopefully, now is a chance to catch up on all those neglected tasks – not a moment too soon given the looming holidays.

And talking of the holidays: Need a last minute secret Santa gift or something extra for a Christmas stocking?
Don’t forget books make great gifts!
 The Anniversary, Ulterior Motives and Silent Lies are all available from Amazon.


The e-book version of Silent Lies is on pre-Christmas sale until 21st December. Only $0.99 in the US and £0.99 in the UK.  Want to snap up a bargain for yourself or a friend? Click here.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing, Mel! Let the editing begin :-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DV. Fortunately I always enjoy the beginning of the editing process - which is more than I can say by the last couple of rounds!

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete